The Board of Directors of Origo adheres to the Guidelines on Corporate Governance issued by the Iceland Chamber of Commerce, the Iceland Stock Exchange and the Confederation of Icelandic Employers in June 2015.
The purpose of the Guidelines is to:
- Promote good corporate governance in Iceland.
- Make it easier for company directors and managers to fulfil their duties and thus contribute to the growth and success of the companies they are entrusted to lead.
- Build trust in companies and business generally.
- Build trust between investors and company leaders.
- Improve the competitiveness of Icelandic business by ensuring that corporate governance in Iceland broadly adheres to the principles followed in neighbouring countries.
- Give investors a clearer picture of the corporate governance practices of Icelandic businesses to assist them in evaluating investment options.
- Give Icelandic businesses better access to funding in Iceland and abroad.